Competing in the 2016 WGI World Championships seemed out of reach for us this year. We were fielding a team with just a handful of veterans, many of our families were struggling financially, and expectations were not exceptionally high. Once the season began, it became clear that this group of students did not intend to live in the shadows of their predecessors, and worked hard to build the skills they needed to compete, as well as raise the funds to allow everyone to attend. With the help of hard working students and parents, the generosity of sponsors, and the pooling of resources with other teams, we were able to return to Dayton this year after an amazing season in the FFCC. Apopka junior, Evelyn Paguada, narrated this short video to share the experience of our 2016 season with you. Thank you to all of our family, friends, and FFCC teams who supported us throughout the season. We hope you enjoy our journey!
Saturday night will be a battle of excellence. More than 100 FFCC performers will compete against each other in the captions of Flag, Rifle, Sabre, and Dance to determine the best of the best. The cost of viewing the event is free to the viewing public. You do not need a wristband to view this event. Seating is limited, you will want to get to the Ocean Center early for the best seat. Enter the Ocean Center from the East Lobby Concourse for the Solo Championships. The solos will be held in the Ballrooms of the East Concourse of Daytona Beach Ocean Center. Since we have so many entries this year, we are using two Ballrooms and now have two divisions of Flag Solos. You can find more on the solos including rules and a SCHEDULE in this related article by FFCC Public Relations Team Member, Andy Snow.
The FFCC was founded in 1985 by a group of educators who believed in the transformative power of the arts and the endless potential of the performers they taught. They had a vision to create a positive place to growth through competition and education. Like many big dreams, they only succeeded through the support of volunteers who shared their vision. The FFCC has been extremely fortunate to have many altruistic individuals through our history but one made such an indelible mark that we can point to her contributions as a turning point in our history. Susan Taylor served years on the Board of Directors as Treasurer and then many more as the linchpin of our contest staff. Each year we celebrate Susan by recognizing individuals who represent that spirit of selfless giving and dedication to the performers and organization of the FFCC. The FFCC is now accepting nominations for the Susan Taylor Humanitarian Award. Nomination will be accepted from March 08, 2018 until March 25, 2018. Your can fill out the nomination form HERE.
Many Scholastic Teams will need an invoice to apply for a check for their membership fees. The FFCC has provided our registered website members with an easy way to create an invoice [Read more…]
2016 promises to be another exciting year for the teams of the FFCC. Our new web-based administration is going to give directors better control over the administration of their teams, better communication, and upgrades in technology will undoubtedly improve the experience for directors and performers.
Part of this improvement is checking and correcting our database of information of addresses and vital contact information for all teams. Because everything is new, we are asking everyone to register this year.
- Once you fill out the registration form and it is received, you’ll receive a confirmation of your submission via email to the address provided.
- We will confirm all of the information, create an account for you in the system, and send an email with your username and a temporary password. Look for that message within a few of days.
- With your username and temporary password, you can log into the system – which will require that you change your password the first time you log on.
- Once logged-on, you can visit the Ensemble (team) Profile for your Ensemble and start to fill-in the information profile.
- If your account is associated with multiple Ensembles (teams), you will be able to manage all of them with your single login account. If you don’t see your other Ensembles listed, it may be because the Registration for those Ensembles has not yet been received or processed.
- It is important to recognize that we are requiring the credentialed teacher in charge of the team for Scholastic teams to be the ones that do the initial registration. They will be able to set up a second authorized user to also manage the team.
- In the case of Independent teams the person with fiduciary responsibility for the team needs to register. They will also be able to set up a second person to manage the team.
Directors will be able to add their support staff contact information to their account, if they want them to receive e-mail and text messages from the FFCC. This will also allow them to see recaps from shows and hear judges commentary.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact us via our Contact form