The FFCC is proud to announce our partnership with the Daytona Beach Ocean Center for 2019-2023! The FFCC Championships will be back in the Ocean Center beginning with the 2019 Season, with an expansion to the full use of both the Arena we have used in previous years, and the Exhibition Hall typically occupied by the home show on our competition weekend.
The Daytona Beach Hilton will once again serve as our headquarters hotel, and rooms will be available for teams to reserve beginning in late 2018. We are also pleased to announce our partnership with the Daytona Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau. We will be working with the Daytona CVB to secure the best experiences for teams, fans, and parents as they visit Daytona for the long weekend.
FFCC Championships at the Daytona Beach Ocean Center*
March 29-31, 2019
March 27-29, 2020
March 26-28, 2021
March 25-27, 2022
March 24-26, 2023
*Dates are based on WGI World Championships released dates, Easter holiday, and facility availability and are subject to change.
The FFCC believes strongly that a culture of community and sportsmanship contibutes greatly to building the character of the membership we serve. In keeping with this spirit, the FFCC sponsors The Martha Stark Memorial Scholarship and The Kevin Palus Memorial Sportsmanship Award.
The Martha Stark Memorial Scholarship
Martha Stark, band director at Gainesville HS, was influential in creating and developing the policies and character of the FFCC. She was an inspiration to all who were fortunate to meet her. Her bands at Gainesville High School were continually superior-rated at FBA Festivals, and the Centerstage Color Guard became one of the premier members of the FFCC. She touched thousands of students with her unique brand of caring and support that made those students strive for the highest levels of excellence. In 1995, after a courageous battle with cancer, we lost Martha. In her honor, the FFCC Board of Directors renamed the existing scholarship fund “The Martha Stark Memorial Scholarship Program.” The Program is funded through private donations and sales of FFCC merchandise.
Candidates for the Martha Stark Memorial Scholarship must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be in their senior year of High School or already attending a College, University or Vocational School.
- The applicant must attend a College, University or Vocational School for the following academic year.
- The applicant must be an active marching member of a team who is a member in good standing in the FFCC.
- Each team may only have one member considered for a scholarship each season.
The number of scholarships awarded each season is dependent on the amount of available scholarship funds. Applications are reviewed by a committee chosen by the FFCC Board of Directors. This committee evaluates and ranks the applications and forwards this to the Executive Board. Scholarships are granted for one year only, but recipients may reapply the following year if she/he remains an active marching member in the FFCC. The Martha Stark Memorial Scholarships are awarded at FFCC Championships.
Each year we have questions about who gets to sit where with the wristbands they have purchased or been given by their group at an FFCC sponsored contest (guard premiere, percussion premiere, percussion focus and championships).
1. Spectators – when you purchase your wristband at a FFCC sponsored contest (see above) you can sit anywhere in the gym. Front side or backside.
2. Performers – when your group gives you your wristband at an FFCC sponsored contest you can ONLY sit on the backside of the gym, except for championships which is all front side seating. If your parent(s) are at the contest they can join you on the backside – but you CANNOT sit with them on the front side, except at championships, which is all front side seating. Please remember that there is a designated area for paying spectators only.
3. Staff – when your group gives you your wristband at an FFCC sponsored contest you can ONLY sit on the backside of the gym, except for championships, which is all front side seating. If you have a child performing and want to see their performance from the front side you will need to purchase a spectator wristband, except for championships, which is all front side seating.
4. Directors – your director’s badge will allow you to sit anywhere in the gym. Front side or backside.
5. Mega & Super Pass – when your group gives you your wristband at an FFCC sponsored contest you can ONLY sit on the backside of the gym, except for championships, which is all front side seating. If you have a child performing and want to see their performance from the front side you will need to purchase a spectator wristband, except for championships, which is all front side seating. Mega & Super passes are only good for FFCC sponsored events. They do not include regular season shows hosted by schools.
Directors and Staff – FFCC will provide a space for 4 people to watch your group’s performance at all FFCC sponsored contests. This area will be roped off on the front side of the gym.
Additional questions about the purchase of wristbands can be directed to the FFCC Treasurer, Jackie Price, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2018 FFCC Schedule is here! We are proud to announce this year’s five premiere shows, 22 regular season shows, and our three-day championships event to serve our colorguard, percussion, and winds membership!
Our colorguard premiere shows will be held simultaneously in three locations throughout Florida on January 20th, allowing our teams to travel the least possible distances to attend their required premiere event. Host sites for these shows will be announced once contracts are finalized, but include schools with the best available facilities in the Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville metro areas. Locations will be designated by the FFCC based on regional populations so as to evenly distribute our teams for the best experience in each area. The map below is an example of these distributions based on last year’s membership, but will be finalized after registration. Nationally recognized adjudicators and clinicians will be serving teams at all three sites.
Our percussion and winds premieres will be held simultaneously in the southeast region and the central region on January 27th. The southeast premiere will be held again at John I. Leonard High School, and the location for the central premiere will be announced shortly. Nationally recognized judges will serve teams at both locations.
Our regular season schedule includes opportunities for all teams to compete every weekend from February 3rd through March 18th, leading up to FFCC Championships. In addition to Saturdays, teams can compete at three FFCC Friday night shows, and one Sunday FFCC show to fulfill their season requirements! These are separate contests, so you can register to compete at the same location on Friday and Saturday, and meet two of your contest requirements towards qualifying for championships! All shows are open to guard, percussion, and winds teams unless specifically noted.
The FFCC is pleased to announce that the 2018 FFCC Championships Event will be held at the Exhibition & Entertainment Halls of the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa, Florida from Friday, April 6 through Sunday, April 8th. Availability issues at the Ocean Center for 2018, combined with the dates of Easter weekend and WGI World Championships, forced us to seek an alternate location this year. Performance blocks for each division will be announced once registration is complete, and opportunities for teams to save on hotels, travel, and entertainment while in the Tampa area will be available soon.
The Florida State Fairgrounds are excited to bring our Championships Event to the west coast, and are working with our contest and event planning team to make this an exciting experience for all participants. The FFCC will return to the Daytona Beach Ocean Center in 2019, and is currently negotiating a multi-year agreement.
We are looking forward to our best season yet at the FFCC! We hope you’ll join us at the FFCC Initial Membership on Sunday, September 10th at 2:00pm at Spruce Creek High School in Port Orange, FL. Please visit our Facebook Event Page for the meeting for updates regarding Hurricane Irma.
- January 20th: Guard Premieres
- Tampa: Plant City HS
- Orlando: Lyman HS
- Jacksonville: Oakleaf HS
- January 27th: Percussion Premieres
- Central/North: Orange Park HS
- Southeast: John I. Leonard HS
- February 3
- Braden River HS
- Oviedo HS
- Fletcher HS
- February 9 (Friday)
- Freedom HS Tampa
- February 10
- Freedom HS Tampa
- Lyman HS
- February 17
- Lakeland HS
- Belleview HS
- Jupiter HS
- WGI Tampa Guard Regional
- February 23 (Friday)
- Riverview HS
- February 24
- Riverview HS
- Cypress Creek HS
- March 3
- East Lake HS
- Fleming Island HS
- March 10
- Durant HS
- University HS Orange City
- Cypress Bay (Percussion Focus)
- Oviedo HS (Percussion Focus)
- March 16 (Friday)
- Freedom HS Orlando
- March 17
- Largo HS
- Freedom HS Orlando
- March 18 (Sunday)
- Largo HS
- March 24
- WGI Orlando Guard Regional, No FFCC Shows
- March 31
- Off (Easter)
- April 6-8
- FFCC Championships
*schedule subject to change