2020 FFCC Virtual Solo Championships
The FFCC is partnering with our Solo & Duet Championships sponsor, E-Adjudicate, to offer the 2020 FFCC Virtual Solo Championships! Since we can’t be together during this difficult time, we can spin in our backyards and share some competitive fun!
- The competition is now open to independent performers and more! See below for details!
- If you are already registered & paid, you can elect to participate in the online competition, or receive a refund. This post contains all those details.
- This competition is currently only for colorguard performers, as previously scheduled. We know that many of our percussionists and instrumentalists don’t have access to instruments right now. We are looking at other ways to get you involved in other activities from home.
- No, we are not planning to hold our championships virtually, or reschedule. Unfortunately the continuously fluid situation with school districts and public gatherings does not make it financially and logistically feasible for an organization of our size to reschedule this season. Many of our teams do not have videos, were not able to have a “last run”, and we do not know when or if they will, so we will not elect to hold an online competition for teams since there is no way to offer it fairly.
- March 17-20: Pre-Registered Performers
- If you already paid and registered for the original competition, you will have the opportunity to continue your registration or request a refund. Please check your email by Wednesday, March 18th.
- Duets will not be offered in our new virtual contest. If you were registered as a duet, you will have the opportunity to compete as two separate soloists or receive a refund.
- If you choose to continue, please got to e-adjudicate.com and register as a student and create an account by Friday, March 20th. A credit will be placed in your account by March 24th.
- You will be automatically placed in the solo category you originally chose (rifle, for example), and entered into a division based on your team affiliation.
- March 24-April 1: New Registrations & Upload Window
- Registration will open for new performers who would like to participate in the competition.
- Registration is open in the divisions below.
- Registration takes place on the E-Adjudicate website at www.e-adjudicate.com See directions below.
- April 2-4: Judging Window
- Our judges will access your videos and score them individually
- Week of April 5th: Winners Announced!
- Our winners will be announced, and the top three in each category, in each division, will be shared on the FFCC YouTube Channel!
- Prizes will be awarded at a date TBD
We are offering the following divisions:
- Cadet Division
- Open to performers in grades PreK-8 who are members of current FFCC teams in good standing
- Scholastic Division
- Open to performers in grades 9-12 who are members of current FFCC teams in good standing
- Independent Division
- Open to performers of any age who are members of a current FFCC independent team in good standing
- Open Division
- Open to performers of any age and any affiliation from any team, circuit, or state.
- Register in the appropriate division based on your team’s affiliation with the FFCC in 2020. You will be disqualified if you enter a division other than your own (except Open, which is available to all).
- Time Limit: 2 minute maximum. Judges will stop judging after 2 minutes
- Equipment soloists may not put their equipment down at any time during the performance. (Penalty of 10 points for each incidence of intentional grounding of equipment).
- Solos will judged using the FFCC Solo Competition Sheet
- Make sure your video is clear and music is audible.
- Record your video in landscape, not portrait, and try to reduce background noise
- Your video may not be edited in any way
- $30 for performers from FFCC member teams in Cadet, Scholastic, or Independent divisions
- $40 for performers entering the Open Division
Solos will be judged by FFCC judges as originally planned, via E-Adjudicate’s online judging system. The top three in each division will be featured on the FFCC YouTube Channel and our social media.
Leave your equipment at school? Our partners at Digital Performance Gear have equipment ready to ship- order here!
Winners in each division will receive prizes TBD!
If you do not want to participate in the online contest, but have already paid, please send an email with your name, school, and request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 20th. Full refunds will be processed via PayPal within 30 days of receipt.