This summer, the FFCC introduced the FFCC Access Scholarship Program to help performers of color, who have been traditionally underrepresented in the activity, to overcome the barrier of access to the marching arts. The application for the 2021 season is now available.
Thank you to our sponsors at McCormick’s for providing one of this season’s inaugural Access Program Scholarships!
The purpose the FFCC Access Program Scholarship is to provide performers of minority descent who are typically underrepresented in the marching arts with financial support for participation in teams in our circuit.
The applicant must be an active marching member of a team who is a member in good standing of the FFCC.
The applicant must be of racial or ethnic minority descent.
December 31, 2020 before 11:59PM
Application Components to Complete or Collect Prior to Filling out the Form:
- Personal Essay Questions (see requirements page) as a Word Document or PDF
- Headshot (clear photo, suitable for publication)
- Team Director’s Name and Email
- Additional Reference Name and Email
- For scholastic performers, this must be a teacher (other than guard, percussion, or band director) and the email must be their official district email address
- For independent performers, please supply a professional, work, or school reference who is not related to you and can speak to your character
Scholarship winners will be announced prior to the start of the 2021 season and recognized at their respective premiere events. Each scholarship winner will be awarded a $500 stipend towards their dues and/or other expenses incurred in the course of season participation.