The 2021 Season Schedule is now available! This schedule is subject to change. More information about virtual events, which will be offered weekly in addition to the live events, will be available soon.
2020 Championships Gear is now available for a limited time! Get your Championships Show Shirt, Patch, and your FFCC Track Jacket until May 11, 2020. These items will only be available online.
To see names on back of T-Shirt, click here: 2020 FFCC Team List
To order, click here: http://ffcc.lowegearprinting.com/FFCC/shop/home
2020 FFCC Virtual Solo Championships
The FFCC is partnering with our Solo & Duet Championships sponsor, E-Adjudicate, to offer the 2020 FFCC Virtual Solo Championships! Since we can’t be together during this difficult time, we can spin in our backyards and share some competitive fun!
- The competition is now open to independent performers and more! See below for details!
- If you are already registered & paid, you can elect to participate in the online competition, or receive a refund. This post contains all those details.
- This competition is currently only for colorguard performers, as previously scheduled. We know that many of our percussionists and instrumentalists don’t have access to instruments right now. We are looking at other ways to get you involved in other activities from home.
- No, we are not planning to hold our championships virtually, or reschedule. Unfortunately the continuously fluid situation with school districts and public gatherings does not make it financially and logistically feasible for an organization of our size to reschedule this season. Many of our teams do not have videos, were not able to have a “last run”, and we do not know when or if they will, so we will not elect to hold an online competition for teams since there is no way to offer it fairly.
- March 17-20: Pre-Registered Performers
- If you already paid and registered for the original competition, you will have the opportunity to continue your registration or request a refund. Please check your email by Wednesday, March 18th.
- Duets will not be offered in our new virtual contest. If you were registered as a duet, you will have the opportunity to compete as two separate soloists or receive a refund.
- If you choose to continue, please got to e-adjudicate.com and register as a student and create an account by Friday, March 20th. A credit will be placed in your account by March 24th.
- You will be automatically placed in the solo category you originally chose (rifle, for example), and entered into a division based on your team affiliation.
- March 24-April 1: New Registrations & Upload Window
- Registration will open for new performers who would like to participate in the competition.
- Registration is open in the divisions below.
- Registration takes place on the E-Adjudicate website at www.e-adjudicate.com See directions below.
- April 2-4: Judging Window
- Our judges will access your videos and score them individually
- Week of April 5th: Winners Announced!
- Our winners will be announced, and the top three in each category, in each division, will be shared on the FFCC YouTube Channel!
- Prizes will be awarded at a date TBD
We are offering the following divisions:
- Cadet Division
- Open to performers in grades PreK-8 who are members of current FFCC teams in good standing
- Scholastic Division
- Open to performers in grades 9-12 who are members of current FFCC teams in good standing
- Independent Division
- Open to performers of any age who are members of a current FFCC independent team in good standing
- Open Division
- Open to performers of any age and any affiliation from any team, circuit, or state.
- Register in the appropriate division based on your team’s affiliation with the FFCC in 2020. You will be disqualified if you enter a division other than your own (except Open, which is available to all).
- Time Limit: 2 minute maximum. Judges will stop judging after 2 minutes
- Equipment soloists may not put their equipment down at any time during the performance. (Penalty of 10 points for each incidence of intentional grounding of equipment).
- Solos will judged using the FFCC Solo Competition Sheet
- Make sure your video is clear and music is audible.
- Record your video in landscape, not portrait, and try to reduce background noise
- Your video may not be edited in any way
- $30 for performers from FFCC member teams in Cadet, Scholastic, or Independent divisions
- $40 for performers entering the Open Division
Solos will be judged by FFCC judges as originally planned, via E-Adjudicate’s online judging system. The top three in each division will be featured on the FFCC YouTube Channel and our social media.
Leave your equipment at school? Our partners at Digital Performance Gear have equipment ready to ship- order here!
Winners in each division will receive prizes TBD!
If you do not want to participate in the online contest, but have already paid, please send an email with your name, school, and request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 20th. Full refunds will be processed via PayPal within 30 days of receipt.
Update: March 15, 2020
The FFCC asks for patience as we continue to work through the many details surrounding the cancellation of the remainder of our season due to COVID-19 and the current national state of emergency. We are currently working with local businesses, including our Headquarters Hotel, the Daytona Beach Hilton Ocean Walk Resort, to resolve this year’s event, and to begin the planning of next year’s Championships. The FFCC is proud to partner with the City of Daytona Beach, the Ocean Center, and its incredible event staff and appreciates their support throughout this difficult process.
Pre-Purchased Team Wristbands
Full refunds will be processed via PayPal within the next 30 days for those who charged their team non-performance day wristbands. Any outstanding invoices will be voided if currently unpaid.
Pre-Purchased Spectator Wristbands
Full refunds will be processed via PayPal within the next 30 days. There is no need to contact the FFCC unless:
- You do not receive a refund by April 16, 2020
- You wish to donate your wristbands to the FFCC as a charitable contribution to help with costs incurred from the cancellations. If you would like to donate your fee, please email email@example.com with your name and email address before Friday, March 20th. We will be happy to provide you with a receipt.
If you purchased rooms for championships via our website at the Daytona Beach Hilton Ocean Walk, we will be in touch with you directly within the next week regarding your options.
The FFCC will continue to award the Martha Stark Memorial Scholarships, along with two scholarships sponsored by our partners at McCormick’s. The scholarship committee is still reviewing applications and will continue to work on their original timeline. Scholarship winners will be announced the week of our originally scheduled championships.
The FFCC is working to coordinate the distribution of senior medals to all teams who ordered them this season. As you can imagine, this process may take some time. Please note that none will be sent out until after schools reopen, or other arrangements are made. We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented process.
We are compiling our championships program as an online virtual yearbook this year. Directors were sent an email with requests for information by March 17th. Please check your email or the FFCC Director’s Facebook group for information, or contact Cichele Fields.
Annual Director Meeting
Our Annual meeting date is TBA.
2020-2021 Advisory Boards
Those teams currently serving on the 2019-2020 FFCC advisory boards will continue in those roles for the 2020-2021 season.
Solos and Duet Championships
More information coming soon.
The FFCC released the following statement regarding the cancellation of the remainder of the 2020 season:
The FFCC has been in constant communication to monitor and evaluate our upcoming events for the health and safety of our performers. It is with great sadness that we inform you that the remainder of the FFCC season, to include both shows scheduled for this weekend, and the FFCC Championships event have been cancelled.
The board has worked to mitigate the cost to the organization and our show hosts, and will be in touch with teams who had previously reserved hotels for championships, performers who purchased solo & duet fees, pre-purchased wristbands, etc. as soon as we are able. Please be patient as we sort through these complicated processes in this difficult time.
We know this is disappointing to our members, performers, spectators, and fans, but the with current situation regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and the school district closures and government recommendations changing hourly, it is the right thing to do for our community. We ask you to be supportive of each other during this difficult time.
We look forward to celebrating our 36th year with you in 2021.
Michael A. Higbe
Want to be a part of the 2020 FFCC Staff?
Applications are now available for our 2020 Event Staff. Positions are available in announcing, social media, merchandise, event staff, and more.