2021 Season Performer Protocols
- Performing units will be required to stay together in the back bleachers when in the gym as spectators during their flight, leaving as much space as possible. Masks are required at all times when not actively performing on the floor.
- Performers must exit the gym at the end of their flight, and may not stay to watch without a spectator ticket for any additional flights.
Protective Face Coverings
- AMENDED 2/7/21; All performers are required to wear masks on campus at all times, including while performing.
- All wind instruments are required to use bell covers and/or instrument bags as recommended by the CBDNA study.
- Each unit will screen their members prior to arriving at the show site. Show hosts may require additional screening according to their school and district policies.
- Each show host will have a designated isolation room for any performers that may exhibit symptoms after arriving on campus.
- It will then be that unit’s responsibility to monitor and arrange for transportation off campus as soon as possible.
- Performers exhibiting symptoms on campus will not be allowed to perform.
- Performing groups may arrive to campus at their assigned times. Performing groups should depart campus immediately after the last performance in their flight.
- JV & Varsity teams can’t be on campus together unless they are in the same flight.
- There will be no award ceremonies during the regular season.
- Retreat events will take place online on Sundays.
- The FFCC will require that each performing group arrive at the show site in uniform and ready to perform to reduce the potential for exposure in a room that is not monitored or cleaned on a consistent basis.
- Locker rooms will not be available for hair/make-up. Do not allow your performers to get dressed or changed in public restrooms. You will be assessed a penalty up to disqualification.
- For the 2021 season, the FFCC is suspending the use of warm-up rotation. All groups will run their own warm-ups outside and be assigned a time to report to holding for their performance.
- The FFCC strongly recommends that performers wear masks throughout warm-up, especially when social distancing is not feasible.
- Show hosts with limited outdoor space will assign warm-up areas to use. These will be available in director information packets.
- Show hosts will designate space and work with contest staff to develop a warm-up rain plan.
- All groups will be responsible for moving their own equipment, floors, and props on and off the competition floor.
- Directors, staff, and any chaperones who receive one of the seven provided wristbands at check-in will be permitted to help their group on and off the floor. Paid spectators may not enter the floor for any reason.
- The FFCC has provided new timing proposals for this season in regard to overall interval and minimum requirements to assist with safe exit and entry.
- Show hosts may not provide floor helpers this year.
Timing Changes for 2021
We are lucky to be hosting live events this season, unlike many circuits around the country. Performer and staff safety is our first priority. We will not take chances. We expect spectators and participants to respect school district rules and regulations. We want to provide a full season for your performers. Please follow the rules so that we can make that a reality.